Barry concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate law, secured lending, workouts and business transactions. His extensive experience includes a wide range of real estate transactions, including development, sales and acquisitions; construction and permanent loans, and leases. He represents lenders, owners and developers, with experience in a wide variety of properties, including shopping centers, office buildings, industrial facilities, hotels, condominium projects and apartments.
Professional Activities and Achievements
Barry is a member of the Chicago Bar Association and Illinois State Bar Association.
Illinois, 1982. U.S. District for the Northern District of Illinois.
University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, B.S., Finance, with High Honors (1979). University of Illinois, College of Law, J.D. (1982).
- Real Estate
- Business Transactions
- Business Management
- Financial Services
- Creditors Rights
- Loan Workouts
- Disposition of an 1,100 acre former naval air station on behalf of a municipality to several purchasers for a variety of uses.
- Acquisition, development, financing and disposition of a 99-unit condominium project in the West Loop.
- Acquisition, financing and refinancing of a 268-unit apartment complex in Corapolis, Pennsylvania.
- Acquisition and construction of a manufacturing facility in Vernon Hills, Illinois.
- Documentation and closing on behalf of a financial institution of a multi-million dollar loan, secured by an industrial facility in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
- Negotiation and documentation of loan workouts, deeds in lieu of foreclosure, and the disposition of OREO properties.
- Represention of European pharmaceutical company in connection with its North American facilities.